CRAUSAZ Yann writes:

> For a project in my school, I have to store files into a MySql DB, and to
> retrieve them to special locations. My problem is that I'm unable to write
> the files anywhere else than in (something like) /var/lib/mysql (the
> standard location of MySql). The error message is "cannot create/write a
> file", even if I'm logged as root !!!

Who you are logged in as is completely irrelevant, as the OUTFILE/
DUMPFILE file access is done entirely by mysqld and not by the client.
Assuming that you have set up the FILE privilege in a safe and
sensible way, you just need to consider the file system permissions.
Make sure whatever file you try to dump to is really writable by
whatever user mysqld runs as.

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/