Ivano Luberti writes:

> I would know in what cases "found rows" and "updated rows" could be
> different: what i think is that if i get no error code the two number would
> be the same, but if the update fails (example key violation) the two number
> would be different.

>From the manual:
"If you set a column to the value it currently has, MySQL notices
this and doesn't update it.

UPDATE returns the number of rows that were actually changed.

In MySQL Version 3.22 or later, the C API function mysql_info()
returns the number of rows that were matched and updated and the
number of warnings that occurred during the UPDATE. "

I believe this answers your question.

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/