At 22:53 2001-11-26 -0600, sherzodR wrote:
>Lotta peoploe do not use </td> and </tr> closing tags. It works fine in
>IE, as it closes them automaticly whenever it sees the opening <td> and
>I believe. You could post a link to that page, if you wish, or have HTML
>validator to validate it for you (available at w3c.org)

In HTML 4.01, closing tags for <td> and <tr> are optional; the W3C validator won't
give you an error if you leave them out - in fact many of the table examples in the
standard itself leave out the optional closing tags.

On the other hand, it *is* true that Netscape 4.x has problems when these optional
closing tags are not present (that's a bug). And since as of XHTML 1.0 all tags must
be closed anyway, it would be a good strategy to get used to closing all tags with
optional closing tags all the time. Less trouble with browser bugs, more consistent
code, everyone gains!

--
(database,sql,query,table) GRRR!!!

Marjolein Katsma      [EMAIL PROTECTED]