I have an application that is developed in perl using dbi and mysql that has
been working well for some time now. However, I have received emails and
phone calls asking if the server is down. I look at the service and the
system is up however, the mysql error log reports the following message:

   Error on new connection socket: Invalid argument

Once I stop and restart the mysqld process all is well again. But I need to
prevent the error from happening over and over. I could not find any mention
of the message above in the documentation. Has anyone run into this problem
and found out what is causing it, and how to correct it?

Thank You in advance
Jeff Hinds