Bill Adams writes:
 >Cindy wrote:
 >
 >> I tried checking for error codes in the documentation, but didn't find
 >> anything particularly useful.
 >>
 >> I'm getting this:
 >> mysql> load data infile '/export/home/Scratch/WordIndex.txt' into table wor
 >dindex (aid, wid, wordform, start, length);
 >> ERROR 1030: Got error 28 from table handler
 >
 >Try "perror 28" (under ./mysql/bin/perror)

Oh -- thanks, that's good to know.  I hate these unlisted codes, but I
guess it's system dependent.

I did find out the problem -- wasn't the tmpdir as someone else
helpfully suggested but it was close: it was the data directory...  I
moved it off to a larger partition, symlinked it back and voila!

Thanks, all
--Cindy
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]