Hi!

Sinisa> Gordan Bobic writes:
>> On Tuesday 27 Nov 2001 23:33, you wrote:
>>
>> > gcc version 3.0.2
>>
>> It would appear that you tried compiling using the GCC 3.0.2 compiler. Try
>> downgrading to 2.95.3 (the last stable release) and try again.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Gordan

Sinisa> gcc 3.0.2 is just fine, only set the following :

Sinisa> export CXXLD=g++

The above is the wrong way to do it !
(This also doesn't work in all cases)

./configure should always be enough to compile MySQL (even if the
result is not always optimal)

The problem with gcc 3.0.x, as I have understood it, is that for this
to work you must also have libstdc++v3 installed.

I have now updated our documentation about this.

Regards,
Monty