Hi there,

Was using BDB tables for some full text indexing schema I've got.

Indexing a document involves inserting a whole lot of rows in one table, having
done some selects and possibly inserts on another table.

With BDB, this was averaging 1.5 seconds a document. Thought I'd try InnoDB
since the selects are proving a bit too slow with BDB. Howver, with InnoDB this
has dropped to almost 30 seconds per document.

I'm guessing something is very badly wrong here for this degredation in
performance.

Anyone got any ideas? If you need mroe info, just ask :-)

cheers,

Chris

PS: If anyone has any good, scalable schemas for full text indexing with phrase
matching, I'm all ears :-)