If I were you I would simply upgrade to Red Hat 7.1 or better 7.2.
It probably takes just as much time to install a whole distro
than having to worry about installing apache, then mysql, then
php, all over again, and most likely getting something wrong
and having to go back. Also there may be problems with
compatibility etc... I remember having some problem
compiling php with mysql support when mysql was
not installed under /usr/local (something like
the php configure option did not allow to
specify a directory for the mysql
installation). But perhaps this
has changed in php 4.0.6.

Regards,