No, you don't have to change the type of field. If you want more HTML
embedded, you could save those HTMLs together w/ the text in your
database, or... if you just want the <br /> tags, then, assuming your
text has a new line character (\n), you have to do some sort of substitution.

Forexample, in Perl you could do the following:

my $text = $dbh->selectrow_array("SELECT text_field FROM table_name WHERE id=?",
undef, $id);

$text =~ /\n/<br>/g;

Webmaster wrote:

    W: I've set up a database with a text feild and want to call that
    W: information with html code embeded into the text( eg. <br>). Do I need
    W: to change the type of field ?. At the moment the html code is being
    W: returned as plain text.
    W:
    W:
    W:
    W: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    W: Before posting, please check:
    W:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    W:
    W: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    W: To unsubscribe, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    W: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    W:

--
sherzodR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>