I am not quite sure, but the only I could think of is the table locking.
Just lock those two tables at the time of transaction, and release the lock
as soon as you're done. I am sure people out here might have more
sophisticated solutions... in which case i'd like to be aware of that too

( I believe LAST_INSERT_ID() of table A will not be available in
table B, will it?)

Javier Armendáriz wrote:

    JA: Hi everybody:
    JA:
    JA: Can anybody tellme how can y get the id asigned to a record in the moment i
    JA: insert data in the database?
    JA:
    JA: I need to storage transaction requests, the mysql database assigns an unique
    JA: id (auto increment) to that record, and i need it to continue saving data in
    JA: another table.
    JA:
    JA: Is there a method for doing this whitou problems of concurrent users in the
    JA: database???
    JA:
    JA: Tahnk a lot
    JA:
    JA:
    JA: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    JA: Before posting, please check:
    JA:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    JA:
    JA: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    JA: To unsubscribe, e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    JA: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    JA: