At 15.40 29/11/01 -0500, Raymond Abel wrote:
> [...]

i used interbase to develop an application with delphi.
The first problem has been documentation: not comparable to mySQL manual.

Interbase support stored procedure and transaction, but mySQL seems to have
better support for text fields (interbase ha only blobs and varchar) and
consequently interbase has stronger limitations with row max length.

I read somewhere that interbase is slow with many records in one table.

I think mysql it's more easy to use.

just my 2 cents

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Via G. Ferraris 12 - 56121- Ospedaletto- Pisa
tel.: +39-050-3132300
fax: +39-050-3132301
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.archicoop.it