Hello,

I've got a bunch of tables from MS Excel that I've exported to tab delimited
files that I'm trying to load into mySQL. I'm having problems getting the
data in properly though.

For instance, I have set up the ids so that they are incremented
automatically. I have the initial records in my text file with ids already.
Should I take out the ones that I have assigned and let mySQL assign new
ids?

Also, in another table, I have primary keys that are not incremented
automatically. Yet when I try to insert the data, I get errors saying that
there are duplicate values in my file. That cannot be since I the data in my
file is unique.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help with this.

Mark Ward