Jens,

That is great news!  You've made my day -- that means that the rest of
my tables should work with JOIN queries, as I am building them along the
same model -- using ID numbers instead of actual names to connect to the
main "files" table.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

And also for the tip about using single ticks.

Sincerely,

Erik