Hello:

I'm new to the list and have a question.  I upgraded from version 3.22 to
this version:

Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.46, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

The problem that has cropped up I have is that in all GROUP BY column DESC
statements, the DESC is now not being recognized, and the query is being
returned in ascending order.  If I use ORDER BY... DESC that works fine.

For example, I have a database with about 25,000 records, and I get these
results:

WORKING CORRECTLY.....

        select memberno from testpubl order by memberno desc limit 7

        (0,0): 7395261 |
        (1,0): 7395260 |
        (2,0): 7395259 |
        (3,0): 7395258 |
        (4,0): 7395257 |
        (5,0): 7395256 |
        (6,0): 7395255 |

NOT WORKING...

        select memberno from testpubl group by memberno desc limit 7

        (0,0): 24754 |
        (1,0): 24755 |
        (2,0): 24805 |
        (3,0): 24818 |
        (4,0): 24853 |
        (5,0): 24882 |
        (6,0): 24961 |

(I know that in this example I could just use the ORDER BY statement, but I
wanted to show what was going on.  I have other queries with COUNT()
statements in them that need the GROUP BY statement and are having problems.)

It's hopefully implicit here that all these statements were working fine
before the upgrade.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

AJ