Hi!

First: please reply to mysql-list and not directly to me.
Then:

On Dec 04, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> > Hi!
> Hi back.
>
> > Why do you need RAID ? Are you using ext2fs ?
> > With 2.4.2 you can use reiserfs, which does not have 2GB file limit.
>
> Using ext2fs right now.  Heard a lot of reiserfs horror stories,
> and don't need journalling (yet).  My external raid is a many
> disk RAID5 set, and except for load, this is a query only task.

I have not that much Linux experience (and FreeBSD's UFS
doesn't have 2GB file limit), but most of our developers
work in Linux and they definitely recommend reiserfs.

> > If you use LOAD DATA INFILE (which is recommended) into empty table,
>
> Here's my command, once for each panel of data, running 2 at a time
> at all times.
>
> time mysqlimport bench tab/ind_1101.$1.tab 2>&1| tee -a log/ind.$1.log

Ok, mysqlimport uses LOAD DATA INFILE.

> > Yes, but they are simply convenient shortcuts to
> > myisamchk --keys-used=0 -rq
> > You can enable/disable keys from command line in 3.23.
>
> Ok, what is the suggested usage?
> create w/ index
> disable
> load
> enable
>
> Or something else?

Just create without index, and then ALTER TABLE.
When ALTER TABLE is running check with SHOW PROCESSLIST
that it does 'repair by sorting', not 'repair with keycache'

DISABLE/ENABLE sequence is useful when one want to add data to non-empty
table.

Regards,
Sergei

--