On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 01:23  PM, Etienne Marcotte wrote:

> CREATE TABLE filetypes (
> fileID smallint unsigned not null,
> typeID smallint unsigned not null,
> unique index (fileID,typeID),
> unique index (typeID,fileID)
> )

One question, though.  Do I have to construct indexes in both
directions?  I haven't used the UNIQUE INDEX command.  I still have much
to learn -- I'm only partway through the DuBois book that I am using to
learn MySQL.  The chapter on optimizing databases and indexing is next.

Well, no need to respond to that.  I will study further before asking
any more questions.

Erik