Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "mweb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I know this is a probably a FAQ, and have read
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/c/Access_denied.html, but everything looks OK to
> me. If I look at the mysql db from the monitor I get all the privileges OK
> for user "testuser"

Log in as root and do
    SHOW GRANTS FOR testuser@localhost;
This will show you all the info used by the server for that user@host
combination, which should be easier to read than the raw grant tables.
Consider that the server sorts the entries by host, with the most specific
host entry first (i.e. wildcards come last).

A few notes:
- User=" " (blank) is not recommended: corresponds to ALL (any) users. Should
only be used for testing.
- Do set up and use passwords for all users.
- And if you edit privileges directly in the mysql db tables, you have to do
FLUSH PRIVILEGES to have the server reload that info; if you use GRANT/REVOKE
statements, that is not necessary.

Regards,
Arjen.

--