Hi,

Thanks for your clue. Please provide me with additional details as to how
should I go about doing this (making Mysql use MacRoman encoding).

1)About compiling a particular character set with mysql, the manual says:

MYSQL MANUAL: shell> ./configure --with-charset=CHARSET
CHARSET may be one of big5, cp1251, cp1257, czech, danish, dec8, dos,
euc_kr, gb2312, gbk, german1, hebrew, hp8, hungarian, koi8_ru, koi8_ukr,
latin1, latin2, sjis, swe7, tis620, ujis, usa7, or win1251ukr.

MacRoman is not listed here.

2)For using the SET OPTION CHARSET, the manual says...

MYSQL MANUAL: CHARACTER SET character_set_name | DEFAULT
This maps all strings from and to the client with the given mapping.
Currently the only option for character_set_name is cp1251_koi8, but you can
easily add new mappings by editing the `sql/convert.cc' file in the MySQL
source distribution.  The default mapping can be restored by using a
character_set_name value of DEFAULT.  Note that the syntax for setting the
CHARACTER SET option differs from the syntax for setting the other options.

Again, I don't know if that is the clue that I should follow and can
MacRoman be enabled by that.

3)For using Charset definition files as suggested as the third solution in
the manual, please provide me some lead as to how to do that.

MYSQL MANUAL: The character sets available depend on the
--with-charset=charset and --with-extra-charset= list-of-charset | complex |
all options to configure, and the character set configuration files listed
in `SHAREDIR/charsets/Index'.

I don't know where to start from and how to get the MacRoman Support. Can
anybody enlighten me on that??

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Kundan Kumar