neeraj arora wrote:

> Hi,
> I think indexing the column(s) can help you.

Already spent a week figuring how to get the SELECT to work fast when a few
results are returned, os all appropriate columns are indexed ;-)

> u can find more on this page
> http://www.linux-mag.com/cgi-bin/printer.pl?issue=2001-06&article=mysql
> i hope this will help you.

Yup, had a good read...

My specific problem isn't with indexing as such, I reckon I have prettymuch
optimal indexes for the SELECTs I'm doing, but I have problem when _lots_ of
results are returned.

Is there any efficient way I can just get the count of rows returned by a SELECT
rahter than making MySQL go through all the hassle of generating all the results
and returning them to me?

cheers,

Chris

mysql, etc