Hi,

I have a couple of problems with mysql 4.0.

First: I tried to compile a new binary using the online docs. The
configure script (./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql) when fine.
After a "make" command, it stops at libmysql stating some kind of
recurssive problem.

I also tried using the binary distribution. and get the following error
when trying to start

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 278:  9578 Illegal instruction
$NOHUP_NICENESS $ledir/$MYSQLD $defaults --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION
--datadir=$DATADIR $USER_OPTION --pid-file=$pid_file --skip-locking
>>$err_log 2>&1
011206 02:51:49  mysqld ended

This is both on Redhat 7.2 Intel.

Second: The binary gives me the same error when trying to run on Debian
Linux 2.2r3

Thanks,
Em