Hi,

I am having a problem with the configuration of the mysql server or client.
I have a very large query that I need to send to MySQL from Java.  The query
has approximately 5000 individual items in the where clause.  (i.e. WHERE
i!='AP' AND i != 'J3' AND...to 5000).

When I try to execute the Query I get the error:

"Packet is Larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 65536
bytes"

I read the MySQL documentation and increased my max_allowed_packet to 24M on
both the client and the Server in the my.cnf, but I still get the same
error....Is there another variable I need to increase, because no matter
what I change the value of max_allowed_packet to, I still get the 65535
bytes error??  Please help!!

Thanks,
Chris