Hi

What about a table with logged in user ids and a timestamp (I use a sessions
table).

Update the timestamp when they access the system. Check when a user tries to
login. If that user id, but a different person, has accessed the system
within the last xx minutes or seconds then consider them logged in and deny
the second user.

You need to deal with browser crashes and such, but it works otherwise.

email me off list if you want the table structure and php code

HTH

Peter