I've created databases on a partition without problems, now I come
to create a new database on a different partition and I can't access
the database at all.

At this stage I have the following in the mysql data directory
(among others):

lrwxrwxrwx    1 mysql    mysql          17 Sep  3 11:56 candi ->
/asp/mysql/candi/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 mysql    mysql          24 Dec  7 12:40 cc ->
/home/fastbase/cc/mysql/

The first database (candi) is fine (along with others in the
/asp/mysql path) but the "cc" database is not accessible.

If I log-in as user "mysql" I can access that directory fine so I
thought it may be another problem but I guess rights may still be an
issue.

Any ideas?
What are the rules/requirements for mysql to recognise the
database directory?

I haven't created any tables yet (as I can't access the database).

Peter Campbell
http://www.fastbase.co.nz
Phone NZ 04 385 2230, Fax 04 385 2224.