At 16:58 -0700 2001/12/06, Van wrote:
>Over the past weekend I pulled a server off-line and about a hundred messages
>got misrouted to the postmaster.  Has anyone ever used the mysql perl scripts
>for mail to manipulate mail messages for rerouting?  I'd like to strip all the
>administrative notices from the messages and have them forwarded off to their
>proper owners brand new.

Hi Van,

I've played with the mail_to_db.pl script a fair amount -- I've created a searchable
mailing list archive that uses that script, with some mods, to populate the database.

Be sure you're using a fairly recent version of the script, I started with v2.3. Close
to the beginning of the program you'll see where an array called '@remove_tail' is
defined. It contains the REGEX strings to be matched, and then stripped, from the end
of the message.

Just edit the elements of the array to be whatever you need, and you should be fine.

HTH,
/Rob

Robert Alexander, Alpha Geek, Workmate.ca
WWW Database Applications and Web Hosting
http://www.workmate.ca       416-823-6599
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life's unfair - but root password helps!"