Try to browse the database of this list, there was a huge conversation on
that about 6-7 month ago.

--

The way I see it, if you declare something portable, you'll always be
wrong, and if you declare it non-portable, you'll always be right.  :-)

Phan Anh Tran wrote:

    PAT: Please discuss the pros and cons of storing a file and its meta data in the
    PAT: database vs file in the filesystem and the metadata in the database.
    PAT:
    PAT: File + Metadata in DB
    PAT: 1. Can participate in transaction.
    PAT: 2. Does not get out of sync.
    PAT: 3. Overhead of fetching the file.
    PAT:
    PAT: File in Filesystem and Metadata in DB
    PAT: 1. File and metadata may get out of sync.
    PAT: 2. Less overhead.
    PAT:
    PAT: Any other good points?  I am looking especially for pros for File+Metadata
    PAT: in DB...
    PAT:
    PAT: Yeah, not really mysql specific, but I think people may find it interesting
    PAT: anyway.
    PAT:
    PAT: Thanks,
    PAT: Anh
    PAT:
    PAT:
    PAT:
    PAT:
    PAT: _________________________________________________________
    PAT: Do You Yahoo!?
    PAT:
    PAT:
    PAT: Before posting, please check:
    PAT:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    PAT:
    PAT: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    PAT: To unsubscribe, e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    PAT: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    PAT: