Hi guys

I have a problem on a SQL query : I got no records selected. Below
is a sample of my 2 tables :

****
A table identifying people, containing their adress therefore a ZIP
code. However for some people I don't have their adress, so no ZIP code :

Table People
+----------+------+
| PeopleID | zip  | ...
+----------+------+
| 1        | 1    |
| 2        | Null |
| 3        | Null |
| 4        | 3    |
|         ...     |
+----------+------+

****
 Another table describe ZIP codes and cities :

Table City
+-----+------+
| zip | city | ...
+-----+------+
| 1   | aaa  |
| 2   | bbb  |
| 3   | ccc  |
| 4   | ddd  |
| 5   | eee  |
|    ...     |
+-----+------+

Here is my query :

SELECT
  people.peopleId,
  people.zip,
  city.city

FROM
  people,
  city

WHERE
  people.zip = city.zip
  and people.peopleId = "2";

I don't get any selection... wheras I expect :
+----------+------+------+
| PeopleID | zip  | city |
+----------+------+------+
| 2        | Null | Null |
+----------+------+------+

Where am I wrong ?
Thanks in advance
Michael

Here are the table definitions :

CREATE TABLE `people` (
  `peopleId` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `zip` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`peopleId`)
)

CREATE TABLE `city` (
  `zip` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `city` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`zip`)
)

Michael Delorme
GIS Manager
French Mediterranean Botanical Conservancy
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]