On Wednesday 05 December 2001 12:21, Dr. Michael Wittmann wrote:

> - you dont need apostrophes for numeric fields. you get the table
> definition using sql command 'DESC tablename'

Thanks to Michael and all the others who pointed out my errors. The query
works now. The real problem however, which is REALLY slowing me down,
is that in this project I have to live with php+odbc+MS access, all on a
remote server. I know the DESC instruction above, but access won't take it
via odbc. It gave me this error:

Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid SQL
statement; expected 'DELETE', 'INSERT', 'PROCEDURE', 'SELECT', or 'UPDATE'.,
SQL state 37000 in
SQLExecDirect in C/ etcetera..............

This is the reason for all my questions in these days: is there really so
little knowledge/documentation on how to handle this particular combination?
If it were all mysql+apache+php I would perfectly manage everything by myself.
I have also posted to comp.databases.ms.access without luck so far.

Again, any pointer to such resources is appreciated. In the meantime, let me
thank you all once more for your quick and kind suggestions.

        regards,
                        mweb