From: Curt Kliewer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 10 December 2001 11:49 a.m.
To: G r e g L a w r i e
Cc: MySQL List
Subject: Re: running MySQL on WinXP

I have installed the necessary MySQL files onto the hard drive (under
the folders inetpub --> wwwroot --> mysql.  Next, I set up a cnf file
and called it my.cnf with the path "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysql" in it.

Then, using the command prompt, I keyed in the path to the mysql
directory and keyed in mysql.exe.  The error I get is:

ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've tried this with my firewall (giving permission to MySQL and without
it.  Both have resulted in the same error message.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,
Curt Kliewer