I spent some time to do it w/ one query, but I couldn't figure out. So
I am throwing an example in Perl (the best way I could think of)

my $pending = $dbh->selectrow_arrayref(qq/
        SELECT pending_2.ordno
        FROM pending_2, ordersearch_2
        WHERE pending_2.ordno=ordersearch_2.ordno/);

for ( @{$pending} ) {
        $dbh->do("DELETE FROM pending_2 WHERE ordno=?", undef, $_);
}

take care

rory o'connor wrote:

    ro: Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:40:03 -0600
    ro: From: rory o'connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    ro: To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    ro: Subject: efficient DELETE query - 2 tables
    ro:
    ro: I want to write an efficient query that will delete all records from one
    ro: table when they show up in another table (pending shipments --> shipped
    ro: shipments).  I can't do it with this:
    ro:
    ro: mysql> DELETE from pending_2 WHERE pending_2.ordno = ordersearch_2.ordno;
    ro:
    ro: because you can only refer to columns of one table in a delete query.  Does
    ro: anybody have an effiecnt way for me to do this with Perl DBI?
    ro:
    ro: Thanks!
    ro:
    ro: Rory
    ro:
    ro: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ro: Before posting, please check:
    ro:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    ro:
    ro: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    ro: To unsubscribe, e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    ro: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    ro: