Hi,

Bennett Haselton wrote:
--snip

> select * from user left join MYTEMP on user.ID = MYTEMP.userid where
> MYTEMP.userid IS NULL;

I bet that this approach will fail because you want the join to show you
records that aren't there. But it will show you something, and it will
show you more if you use a left join!

First you force it to show all where 'user.ID = MYTEMP.userid' and then
you say: No! Show me those that don't exist ('where MYTEMP.userid IS
NULL'; I suspect you don't __mean__  'IS NULL' !).

The two where clauses (the one for the join and the explicit one)
somehow contradict each other (I guess there's no User with an ID=NULL).

How to section:
"create temporary table ... [TYPE=HEAP]" does it! Choose the HEAP type
if you want to create the table in main memory.

Regards,
         Frank.
--
Dr. Frank Ullrich, Netzwerkadministration
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorfer Str. 7, D-30625 Hannover