Nilesh Parmar writes:

> I get the following messages on the console.
> [1] 28102
> $ starting mysql daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> 011213 :16:56:43 mysqld ended
>
>       I've not idea why do I get the message "mysqld ended".

Because it did. You'll have to look in the log file to find out
why. Make sure you've taken all the steps necessary for
installation, such as setting the right owner for the data
directory and running mysql_install_db

> Error 2002: Can't connect to MySQL server through socket
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.

Well, since the server fails to start that error is to be expected.

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/