what??

that is a joke?

I mean disconnectiong at every single little block ending?

I just can't beleive it, probably you can put that in an inc file for
connection, call the connect at the beginning of the script, and call
disconnection at the end.

It's impossible that you have to reconnect each time you want to
prepare/execute something!

I'm only coding perl so I don't know php at all, but I'm sure you can
stay connected for at least all the time the same script is running...
so many websites uses mysql/php...

Etienne

markus|lervik wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 22:16, Ron Jamison wrote:
> > I'm fairly sure there's no difference in performance when using PHP
> tags
> > mixed with HTML blocks as you are doing.
> >
> > Think of it as PHP knowing that it should send everything not in <? ?>
> tags
> > directly to the browser.  Like an echo or a print, but without needing
> > specify calls to those functions.
> >
> > <HTML>
> > <? echo $PHP_SELF ?>
> > </HTML>
> >
> > <HTML>
> > <?=$PHP_SELF?>
> > </HTML>
>
> I'm not -that- worried about performance loss for switching between,
> php and html, what annoys me (and would probably slow down performance
> quite a bit), is that every time I have to do a database query, I have
> to use mysql_connect again, because as Prottoss pointed out, PHP drops
> the connection every time a PHP-block ends.
>
> Not that it is that a big issue for my particular application, but
> knowing a workaround to this problem would be quite useful in the
> future.
>

> Cheers,
> Markus
>
> --
> Markus Lervik
> Linux administrator with a kungfoo grip
> Vasa City Library - Public Library

Etienne Marcotte
Specifications Management - Quality Control
Imperial Tobacco Ltd. - Montreal (Qc) Canada
514.932.6161 x.4001