Subject: A random occur problem. Error message: Couldn't fix table with
    quick recovery: Found wrong number of deleted records. is reported when
    trying to execute DELETE/DROP TABLE and then INSERT... SELECT statement
    with thoursands of reocrds.

        Problem occurs when trying to execute:

        INSERT INTO Combinations_wBids (Combination_No, LicenseID, SubjectID,
Bid_Value, Submit_Time)
              SELECT Combinations_details.Combination_No as Combination_No,
                     Combinations_details.LicenseID as LicenseID,
                     Combinations_details.SubjectID as SubjectID,
                     TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal.Bid_Value as Bid_Value,
                     TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal.Submit_Time as Submit_Time
              FROM Combinations_details, TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal
              WHERE
Combinations_details.LicenseID=TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal.LicenseID
              AND
Combinations_details.SubjectID=TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal.SubjectID;
        or

        INSERT INTO Combinations_for_display(Combination_No, Win_com_bid_sum,
Total_Time)
                      SELECT *
                         FROM Combinations;

        Before executing the statements, contents of the tables will be cleared:

        DELETE FROM Combinations_wBids;

        DELETE FROM Combinations_for_display;

        Error report:
        Error number: 1034
        Error message: Couldn't fix table with quick recovery: Found wrong number of
deleted reords.

        Structures of related tables:

        CREATE TABLE Combinations (
         Combination_No int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
         Win_com_bid_sum int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        Total_Time bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
        KEY Combination_No (Combination_No)
        ) TYPE=MyISAM;

        CREATE TABLE Combinations_details (
        Combination_No int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        LicenseID char(3) NOT NULL default '',
        SubjectID int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
        KEY LicenseID (LicenseID),
        KEY SubjectID (SubjectID),
        KEY Combination_No (Combination_No)
        ) TYPE=MyISAM;

        CREATE TABLE Combinations_for_display (
        Combination_No int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        Win_com_bid_sum int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        Total_Time bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
        KEY Combination_No (Combination_No)
        ) TYPE=MyISAM;

        CREATE TABLE Combinations_wBids (
        Combination_No int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        LicenseID char(3) NOT NULL default '',
        SubjectID int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
        Bid_Value int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        Submit_Time timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
        KEY Combination_No (Combination_No)
        ) TYPE=MyISAM;

        CREATE TABLE TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal (
        LicenseID char(3) NOT NULL default '',
        SubjectID int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
        Bid_Value double NOT NULL default '0',
        Submit_Time timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
        KEY LicenseID (LicenseID),
        KEY SubjectID (SubjectID)
        ) TYPE=MyISAM;

        Combinations, Combinations_for_display deal with about 2000
records. Combinations_details and Combinations_wBids deal with about 7000
records. TempStor_HighestBids_for_cal deal with about 30 records.

        Since the error message mentioned about "wrong number of deleted records", I
've tried to use
to DROP and CREATE the tables instead of DELETE. However, the problem
still occurs. The problem only randomly occurs. Sometimes, they work fine.

        Actually, it's a web application working with PHP. The DELETE, INSERT...
SELECT statements are being executed repeatedly. Other queries will also be submitted
to the database while executing the above statements, but those queries will not
modify contents in the mentioned tables.

        What is going wrong?

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Submitter-Id:  <submitter ID>
>Originator:
>MySQL support: [none | licence | email support | extended email support ]
>Synopsis:
>Severity:
>Category:      mysql
>Class:
>Release:       mysql-3.23.43 (Source distribution)

>Environment:

System: Linux smartmarkets.ust.hk 2.2.14-5.0smp #1 SMP Tue Mar 7 21:01:40 EST 2000
i686 unknown
Architecture: i686

Some paths:  /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc
GCC: Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS='-O -pipe'  CXX='c++'  CXXFLAGS=''  LDFLAGS=''
LIBC:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Oct 28  2000 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.1.3.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      4101324 Oct 28  2000 /lib/libc-2.1.3.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     20272704 Mar  1  2000 /usr/lib/libc.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          178 Mar  1  2000 /usr/lib/libc.so
Configure command: ./configure  --with-mysqld-user=mysql