You need to have some sort of unique identifier, like a primary key.
And all the tables should agree upon that

Defryn, Guy wrote:

    DG: Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:37:41 +1300
    DG: From: "Defryn, Guy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    DG: To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    DG: Subject: relationships between databases
    DG:
    DG:
    DG:
    DG: This is my first post to the list
    DG:
    DG: What is the best way of making a relationship between tables in Mysql.
    DG: Do you set it up when you are creating the tables or is it done with the
    DG: insert statement
    DG:
    DG: I am a newbie to Mysql, BTW
    DG:
    DG: Guy
    DG:
    DG: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    DG: Before posting, please check:
    DG:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    DG:
    DG: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    DG: To unsubscribe, e-mail
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    DG: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    DG:

--
Sherzod Ruzmetov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.UltraCgis.com, Consultant

01001010010000010101000001001100

| There is nothing wrong with your tools.|
| But we can make a better one.          |