On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:53:32 +0700, Sommai Fongnamthip
used a few recycled electrons to form:

| Hi,
|       I was read recommendation from MySQL download page to upgrade Linux Kernel
| for latest MySQL version.  I have problem because I must still with Linux
| Red Hat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.16-3) because it's my production server and Red Hat
| has many task to upgrade in newer kernel.  What will effect my system if I
| install latest MySQL with current kernel?

You should be able to upgrade the kernel to the 2.4
series without any problem. We have many production
boxes with RH 6.2 and the 2.4 kernel on them. Mysql
runs much better with the 2.4 kernel, esp on a multi
proc box.