Hy,
I have a question on how to build a query.
scenario:

I have three tables,

Users:
------
user_id INT(32),
username CHAR(64)

Tasks:
------
task_id(INT32),
task_name CHAR(64)

Authorization:
--------------
user_id INT(32),
task_id INT(32)

some details of database design are neclected here.
There is a Users table which holds some Information on users,
this one is not really interesting for the following task, I give it
only for drawing a better pictur of the scenario.

The Tasks table holds information on all possible tasks in an
application, and the Authorization Table has an entry for each
assignment of a user to a specific task which he is allowed to act upon.
Now I want to create a query to get all task_id's which one given User
isn't already assigned to. I tried a lot of things, Joined in every
direction and so but do not come to my result.

I must somehow get all task_id's of Tasks which are not in a result when
i look for the user_id in the Authorization table.

I already fought some hours with that problem. but I just don't get it.
Hints to a good source of online information to the JOIN statement are
also very welcome as I think that's getting me to a solution but I
really do not fully understand how that JOIN works and what it how
does...

TIA,
henning