Roger Baklund wrote:

>>hi there.. no solution from me, but I'm also interested in this type of
>>query (although I only want 1 for each "lang")
>>

> If you only want one row for each "lang" you can do it using GROUP BY...
>   SELECT * FROM table GROUP BY lang

Whoa. Watch out. You can omit columns from a GROUP BY (even for MySQL's
extension) only if those are otherwise unique for the columns that are grouped.

In this example, this query can return pretty unpredictable stuff (as I
found out myself yesterday when I accidentally left out a non-unique column
in a query..)

There is no reliable way to do what Christian wants except to do one query
per value that he wants 10 rows for, with each query set to LIMIT 10.

--
Shankar.