From: Mike Blain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 8:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mysql.sock??

I just recently installed MySQL from source. Trying to set the root
password
and keep getting this error:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock'
(111)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'
exists!

How do I create mysql.sock?

Thanks,
Mike