Hi everybody,
             I really hope that there will be somebody who will waste a
bit of his time helping a very, very beginner.

I have a front-end database in MS Access that gets data from a MySQL back-end.

When I execute a "Pass-through Query" it works fine if I write:

     "SELECT Orders.Id, Orders.Number, Orders.Clients_Id
      FROM Orders
      WHERE Orders.Clients_Id=234 (or whatever number I put in)"

Instead if I try to get the "WHERE" Clause from a form which is obviously
alredy open in my MS Access front-end and I write:

     "SELECT Orders.Id, Orders.Number, Orders.Clients_Id
      FROM Orders
      WHERE Orders.Clients_Id=[Forms]![Clients]![Id]"

I get an "ODBC error: can't connect........"

I tried then to declare "[Forms]![Clients]![Id]" as a PARAMETER (using "SET
@.......") but, whatever I do and whatever I write, I get a "SINTAX ERROR
MESSAGE".

Any idea on what I could do?

Thank you very much and, please, excuse my poor English.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Giuliano Bortolani

Abbonati a Tiscali!
Con Tiscali By Phone puoi anche ascoltare ed inviare email al telefono.
Chiama Tiscali By Phone all' 892 800        http://byphone.tiscali.it