Dear Stavros, Durga and all,

Thanks for Stavros and Durga reply my email so fast.   Durga I can't find a
file mysql.sock from /var/lib/mysql directory and I restart the server it
still don't exist.

I may add more information form my MySQL server to help all of you to solve
my problem.

OS: Sun Solaris 2.8 run on Ultra E250
MySQL Ver: 3.23

MySQL Directory and information as below:

# pwd
/usr/local/mysql-3.23.46-sun-solaris2.8-sparc
# ls
COPYING                  bin                  man
scripts
COPYING.LIB           configure        manual.html         share
ChangeLog                data                 manual.txt
sql-bench
INSTALL-BINARY   include           manual_toc.html   support-files
README                   lib                  mysql-test              tests
# ls ./bin
comp_err                                 mysqlbug
isamchk                                   mysqlcheck
msql2mysql                             mysqld
my_print_defaults                    mysqld.sym.gz
myisamchk                               mysqld_multi
myisampack                              mysqldump
mysql                                        mysqldumpslow
mysql_config                            mysqlhotcopy
mysql_convert_table_format    mysqlimport
mysql_find_rows                      mysqlshow
mysql_fix_privilege_tables       mysqltest
mysql_setpermission                 pack_isam
mysql_zap                                 perror
mysqlaccess                               replace
mysqlaccess.conf                       resolve_stack_dump
mysqladmin                               resolveip
mysqlbinlog                               safe_mysqld
# ./bin/mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'path-for-socket-file' (2)
# ps -A
   PID TTY      TIME CMD
     0 ?        0:01 sched
     1 ?        0:00 init
     2 ?        0:00 pageout
     3 ?        4:12 fsflush
   295 ?        0:00 sac
   230 ?        0:00 utmpd
   187 ?        0:00 cron
    56 ?        0:00 devfseve
    58 ?        0:00 devfsadm
    67 ?        0:01 picld
   130 ?        0:00 rpcbind
   170 ?        0:00 statd
   173 ?        0:00 automoun
   209 ?        0:00 lpsched
   169 ?        0:00 lockd
   203 ?        0:00 nscd
   184 ?        0:00 syslogd
   222 ?        0:00 powerd
   163 ?        0:00 inetd
   337 ?        0:00 smbd
   246 ?        0:00 sendmail
   234 ?        0:00 cimomboo
   242 ?        0:00 vold
   291 ?        0:36 mibiisa
   281 ?        0:00 snmpXdmi
   292 ?        0:00 safe_mys
   316 ?        0:00 mysqld
   272 ?        0:00 snmpdx
   275 ?        0:00 dtlogin
   296 console  0:00 ttymon
   280 ?        0:00 dmispd
   300 ?        0:00 ttymon
   324 ?        0:00 in.telne
   326 pts/1    0:00 sh
   334 ?        0:00 smbd
   336 ?        0:06 nmbd
   669 pts/1    0:00 ps

If you need more information from my server, please let me know...thanks !
Any suggestion or information are welcome !
If anyone know what's wrong on my configuration.....Please Help and teach me
to solve the problem... Thanks again.

Thanks a lot !
Kevin Chan