Hi!

I'm having a strange problem. I use MySQL just to serve two hundred
small tables. They are very static, I update them once a week. And
small, about 40Mb of total disk space used. A few people use this
tables, always with MyODC from Access from a Windows platform.

Two weeks ago I needed to load a lot of data just to make some
statistics. A lot of data means 60 Million registers, 30 text files of
500 Mbytes each to import.

I started to import with mysqlimpor from another machine. Then I tried
first to FTP the file and then import with mysqlimport locally. Finally
I tried to FTP the file and import it from inside mysql with 'load data
infile...'.

With all this methods I had the same problem. I import one file, two
files, etc. But then the process just hangs (meaning that takes 10
times the usual time and no other querys can be done).

Sometimes I can´t even enter to mysql from command line. Sometimes I
can enter, and if I show the processes, they look like working. If I
kill them, and show the processes again, they look like 'Killed', but
are still there, with the Time counting and with the mysqld using 99%
of the processor (viewing with 'top').

Always, the only way to recover the server is a 'kill -9' to the
processes of the mysqld.

Could you please help me?

Installation data:
        Server version: 3.23.39
        Uname -a: SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-
5_10

Thank you very much!!

Facundo Batista
Gestión de Red