Just a thought.
It is a well known fact that MySQL is being used as the backend software for
Yahoo Finance.
However, the response as mentioned in this mail is also typical from a customer
looking at commercial application development.
How can the larger business community perception be changed with regards to
products like MySQL which are better than or atleast comparable to any other
commercial products like say Oracle?
Lets face it, in these times of recession, it is important for the businesses to
reduce costs of automation theough application development.
Using a free software would certainly reduce the costs involved in software. But
is it worth it? What would be the typical percentage of software costs in any
custom application development in relation to the total costs of Hardware,
Software and Development costs?
Anybody care to share their thoughts?
Rgds,
Durga Prasad

                                              Placed At :

"
À̼º°è" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/29/2001 12:48:50 PM

Please respond to "À̼º°è" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>