Hello !

what I want to do is :

display all the NOT NULL fields of 1 row, this row being selected with
a key [ for example : tabID.login='john' ] .

I DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH FIELDS ARE SUPPOSED NOT NULL,
since it varies along with the key [ tabID.login='jack' would give other
NULL fields ]

and when I do :
mysql> select * from tabID where tabID.login='john' ;
I got hundreds of fields in the same row, and many are "NULL".
So I do not want to display them, but instead I want to display only
the NOT NULL.

a priori, the MySQL command for what I want should be something like:

mysql> select [all colums values that are NOT NULL] from tabID where
tabID.login;

the following is wrong :
mysql> select * from tabID where tabID.login='john' where tabID.* IS NOT
NULL;

So, I need to loop on the result, and check each item returned, and
if the item is NOT NULL I display it. I do not know how to do that.

any hints ?

Gilles MISSONNIER - Projet Terapix
phone : [33] 01 44 32 81 36
http://terapix.iap.fr