Hi Dennis,

There's several ways you can move the datafile location:

1. create a symlink at /var/lib/mysql that points to your data directory
2. you can change or add the 'datadir' variable in your my.cnf file (usually
/etc/my.cnf) see: http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Configuring_MySQL.html
3. you can specify the data directory location as a configure option before compiling.

Lots about this issue in the archives, too. Take a look.

Hope this helps,

/Rob

--
Robert Alexander  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  416-823-6599
http://www.workmate.ca  WWW Database Applications and Web Hosting