Hi all,

Downloaded the binary distribution of 4.0.1 for Linux, and am attempting to launch on
an HP laptop with RedHat 7.0.  This will replace my already functional installation of
3.23.46.

When I go to launch, it gives me the "Starting mysqld daemon with databases..." etc.
message. It then fails immediately with the message "mysqld ended."

Here's the content of the error file in the data directory:

011230 12:14:48  mysqld started

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Fatal error: Can't find messagefile
'/usr/local/mysql-4.0.1-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686/mysql-4.0.1-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686/share/mysql/english/errmsg.sys'

011230 12:14:48  Aborting

011230 12:14:48  mysqld ended

So, the error is pretty obvious -- the mysql directory is named twice in the path.  My
question: where do I go to change this?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks all,

/Rob

--
Robert Alexander  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  416-823-6599
http://www.workmate.ca  WWW Database Applications and Web Hosting