Hi everyone,
when we execute queries through MySQL using PHP, a significant amount of memory is
being used in the process.  We have noticed that the memory is not being released
again for several hours.  Despite attempts to force it to release memory in the code,
the problem is still occuring.  Does anyone know anything about why this behavior may
be occuring and any solutions we could try?  Is this a PHP problem or a MySQL problem?
 Using pconnect versus connect does not appear to be the problem.

Dan