Hi,

>From the cc(1) man page for Forte Developer 6.2

          These predefinitions are valid in all modes:
                   __sun
                   __unix
                   __SUNPRO_C=0x530
                   __`uname -s`_`uname -r`
                   __sparc (SPARC)
                   __sparcv9 (SPARC with -xarch=v9|v9a)
                   __i386 (x86)
                   __BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR
                   __SVR4

__SUNPRO_C looks like it might be a good one to try for. Version 5.2 had

                   __SUNPRO_C=0x500

HTH

Quentin

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Widenius [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 4 January 2002 3:31 p.m.
To: Shakeel Sorathia
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 3.23.47 compile problems with sun's forte compiler

Hi!

Shakeel> Thanks for the help on this, it seems to be working now.  One
question
Shakeel> though, wouldn't configure be able to take of this?

The problem is that as I don't have access to a Forte compiler, so I haven't
been able patch configure to detect this case..

Do you know if Forte defines some unique define we can trigger on ?

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.