The idea was to have an exact replica which is always up to date. They will
be networked, but is this really the only solution? I had pictured
something like a trigger in the MSSQL that could push-replicate to the
mySQL. The mySQL would then only update the changed data in the MSSQL.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Steffen Tang

                    Steve

                    Rapaport             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <steve@petabi        cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    t.com>               Subject:     Re: Replication between MSSQL
and mySQL

                    03-01-2002

                    17:50

                    Please

                    respond to

                    steve

Anything is possible, this will depend on your situation.

If you just want to replicate the data once, you can dump it all
in text format (say, tab-separated fields, CRLF-separated records)
onto a few CDs, and import them into MySQL using mysqlimport.

If you have the two machines networked, it's that much easier, but you
will still export to text and import to mysql.

If you want the replication to run continuously, so that the mysql
version is usually up-to-date, you can still use the same method but
it will require a bit of scripting and will be clumsy, use a lot
of disk, etc.

But it's all possible.

-steve

--