Hi All,

I am very new to using mysql. I have encountered lots of problems when I
first installed mysql on my freebsd box. I am running an Intrusion Detection
System on my freebsd box and it needs to have mysql and DBI modules
installed in order for its web based reporting system to work. I am seeing
errors on my logs that I cannot interpret. Here is a sample:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at ./rtu-mysql.pl
line 320, <TAILFILE> chunk 23275.
INSERT ERROR: DBI::st=HASH(0x805af0c)->errstr
READ: 2002-01-03
22:44:04|snipper|DYNAMIC-TCP|192.168.0.111|66.48.37.52|1572|80|F|---A----|6|
tcp,sp=1572,dp=80,

Does anyone know what the above error means. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I used the binary distribution for freeBSD and here are the other modules
that I have installed:

DBI-1.14.tar.gz
Data-ShowTable-3.3.tar.gz
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2215.tar.gz
mysql-3.23.42-unknown-freebsdelf4.3-i386

Regards // Joel

Joel N. Eusebio
MIS/Technical Support Engineer
Commverge Solutions Philippines