Hi

I implemented replication in my databases, and I can see a security problem.
When you configure the slave you must write the replication user password in
the my.cnf file. If somebody access this file will see the password and the
user name, so if he can and want he will get access to the master using the
replication user and can do changes in some databases (not in mysql
database).

Is this true?

Is there a way to solve this (encrypt the password in the my.cnf or another
way)?

Fernando Andrés Cosa